Networking and Information Sharing
- Encourage and expand interaction and collaboration among members of the associations.
- Establish relationships and partnerships with other e-Learning Associations, and educational institutions from other parts of the world.
- Develop links and establish relationships with key regional government bodies and other educational bodies.
- Provide access to well developed networks of local and international online education experts.
- Invite the participation of guest presenters on topics of current interest to members.
- Encourage the transfer of best practices and ‘know how’ among members of the associations through the establishment of online platforms, workshops, seminars, etc.
Education, Instructional Design and e-Learning Best Practice
- Provide resources and forums to support excellence in education, instructional design and e-Learning best practice
- Establish regional and national networks of practitioners in each key area to support and enhance best practice
- Raise awareness on related topics and benchmark best practice case studies through organising regional road shows, conferences, issuing publications, etc.
Policy Development and Quality Assurance
- Establish a regional quality assurance framework for the technology enhanced learning implementation in secondary and higher education as well as corporate training.
- Develop policies around the use of technology in education and corporate training that would serve the region.
- Conduct numerous evaluations in this field to ensure the continuous enhancement and improvement of practices of e-learning.
- Provide ongoing support to institutions aspiring at implementing e-learning through the provision of guidelines, advises, best practices, access to experts, etc.
Encourage the Establishment of Special Interest Groups
- Encourage the establishment of special interest groups.
- Develop protocols to support the operation and communication of such groups.
- Promote special interest group opportunities.
Commission Research as Appropriate
- Identify the association’s research priorities and establish mechanisms for the promotion and selection of research projects.
- Conduct collaborative research and development work in all different aspects of e- learning.
- Collect funds and establish a budget allocation for research support.
- Disseminate finding of supported research and development projects, through publishing reports, newsletters, articles in journals and professional magazines and other means.
Provide Structured Professional Development Opportunities
- Conduct regular training assessment needs for the region in relation to e-learning.
- Establish professional and educational programs in the field of e-learning which respond to the need of the region.
- Obtain recognition from international entities for these programs.
Establish awards to recognize excellence in various practices of e-learning
- Develop regional awards to recognize excellence in the design, delivery and evaluation of e-learning.
- Create awareness at both regional and international level about such awards.