Tag

Urban E-Learning | Australian E-Learning Association

Online Assessments the Future of Global Learning

By | Blog, News
The Australian Government remains committed to ensuring there is a national approach to online assessment, including a move to deliver the National Assessment Program (NAP) online. Online assessment offers significant benefits including the potential to provide a more accurate measurement of student achievement, increased accessibility, and faster results. It can also provide teachers with vital diagnostic information that they can use in the classroom. Some of these benefits are already starting to be realised through ‘Improve’ – an online assessment tool available to all Australian teachers. Work is underway to develop a new national assessment system to support the delivery of NAPLAN online, and potentially state and territory online assessments, as well as innovative classroom assessments. A comprehensive research programme is also being undertaken by the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) to investigate student performance and measure impacts of delivering NAPLANonline. Education Services Australia (ESA) and ACARA are working with the Australian Government Department of Education to deliver this programme of work, in consultation with state and territory and non-government education authorities. Source:https://www.education.gov.au/online-assessments
Read More

The Many Ways E-Learning will Change in 2016

By | Blog, News
As we come to the end of the year, we look forward to what 2016 holds. The past year was productive and innovative, to be sure, but e-learning continues to grow as a viable solution for corporate learning, and neurolearning is progressing as a science and study. A few areas are especially promising for 2016, particularly when attitudes come into play. As forward-thinking and influential companies implement the best learning techniques, a wave of early adopters will take e-learning to the next level. Here are some of the trends that are worth a second look in the coming months. 1. Outsourcing On the Rise According to Docebo’s “E-Learning Market Trends & Forecast 2014-2016 Report,” the big story might not be what happens in the office, but what happens when businesses outsource e-learning to another company or service. Some 42 percent of e-learning spending goes to outsourcing, leaving just 58 percent of e-learning dollars in-house. Going forward that likely speaks to HR’s workload more than training skill level. Businesses are acknowledging that in order to train employees properly — and to retain the best talent — a couple of PowerPoint presentations aren’t going to cut it. Instead, e-learning professionals who understand neuroscience, engagement and...
Read More

In Course Camera Tracking for Delivery and Assessment of Courses and Gamification for Education.

By | Blog, News
In Course Camera Tracking for Delivery and Assessment of Courses Multi Award Winning firm Urban E Learning has recently establish a new technology framework that will revolutionise the way RTO's and University's deliver their programs moving forward. Their application is set to change the training and delivery for education globally and also areas such as Pschycometric Testing and identification validation where much is done online. The previous concerns of Fraud raised consistently about online delivery and assessment means that this new solution is even more secure than any other framework. For Companies like Hogan Assessments the question is still about "Who is really doing the test?"  This new framework eliminates the risk and maintains the integrity of the testing process. With E-learning  back with a vengeance it illustrates what I that we are finally on the verge of creating a globally standard approach to Education in every forum. The brick-and-mortar universities are dead and virtual universities were going to take over in the next 12 months. The concepts are simple.  Companies and individuals are freed from the cost and time of travel which costs Millions of dollars when we could learn online, in a social media rich environment all in the comfort form our own...
Read More